Saturday, January 5, 2013

blessed...

To have had all four of my grandparents until I was 26 years old.  My Grandpa Dave (Mom's dad) passed away on January 1st around 9 in the morning. He has had a multitude of health problems over the past few years and was confined to a wheelchair the last three.  He dealth with prostate cancer some years back and it came back this past summer.  This time, it spread quickly and ended up going to his lungs and bones.  It is never easy losing someone, but I know he is in a much better place now. 
I was lucky enough to have him be around for the first few months of Ellie's life, and she visited them at least weekly with me or my mom.  Here they are when Ellie was just a few weeks old:
As much as I hate funeral home services (for obvious reasons), it was amazing to see so many people that I hadn't seen since I was younger.  The support that was shown to my family still blows me away and we are so thankful for everyone in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment