Friday, January 18, 2013

sick, sick, sick

January was probably the roughest month of my life... My grandpa passed away on the first, we left Florida early to come back for the visitation and funeral service, and then after only being back at school for one day, I came down with the worst virus I have ever had.  I had planned on taking off Tuesday and Thursday to be with my Grandma Sandie (helping clean up stuff, clean out closets, just spend time with her, etc.), but when I woke up on Tuesday, both Nick and I had really high fevers.  My mom came up and got Ellie (she was still on bereavement leave) and ended up keeping her all night.  Nick felt better on Wednesday, but I was still really sick, so I headed off to immediate care.  After my flu test came back negative, they sent me home with amoxicillin and told me it should be better in a few days.  The weekend came and went and my fever still had not gone down (it would break but then be right back up again).  I tried to go to class on Tuesday (a full week since being sick) and it was too much.  I didn't even make it half way through.  Finally, on Wednesday, my dad took me to another immediate care where I was diagnosed with pnemonia and bronchitis.  It was terrible!  I am so thankful that I am usually a very healthy person.  I missed a full two weeks at work, but thanks to my amazing student teacher and co-workers, I didn't have to worry about my classroom while I was so sick. 

I am also so thankful for the people who helped take care of Ellie.  I didn't leave the bed for nearly two weeks, so being a great mommy was out of the picture.  She was floating from house to house so that we could try to avoid getting her sick (which we did :)), and was so well taken care of.  Amie, Lisa, Mom, and Denise were life-savers while I was trying to get better and Nick was trying to take care of me.  Of course I didn't take any pictures during that crazy time, but here is one of my girls playing while I felt like I was on my death-bed!
And here is one of Ellie at Lisa's getting spoiled rotten with her new Princess chair:
Nan took her on the first day we were so sick with her bear coat :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment