Friday, May 25, 2012
Off to the Doctor
When Ellie was a week and a day old, we took her to her first doctor's appointment. It was just a weight check and she gained some weight back from when we left the hospital (she left at 6 lbs. 13 oz., and was up to 7 lbs. 1 oz.). We also got some news that was a little scary, in that we had to go to Kosair Children's Hospital for a hip ultrasound the next Monday. Since she was breech, and was also a first born female (weird statistic), she had a higher risk of having hip dysplasia. We headed over to Kosair trying to stay positive, but I think I was more worried than even I wanted to admit. Ellie had the ultrasound done on both hips (and hated every minute of them having to stretch her legs down out of their normal frog position), and we were told that we would have the results in two days. Thankfully, the doctor called me on Wednesday and said that her results were normal! Very, very thankful!!
Labels:
Eliot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment