The time finally came that we were looking forward to all summer! Vacation! While it was extremely bittersweet that we had to leave Nick behind for an entire week (and the longest that Ellie or I have ever been away from him), I knew I would regret it forever if I didn't take the opportunity to have a beach vacation for Ellie this summer. My second parents and Ellie's Nana and Pop (Amie's parents) invited us for a trip to Myrtle Beach and we were so thankful. So much fun was had, and tons of memories were made. Some highlights include:
Ellie loving the beach. Everything about it. The sand, the ocean, eating things out of the sand, you name it, she loved it :)
Good places to eat. This momma finally got fresh crab legs and most certainly got her fill! Ellie loved the dessert bars and had plenty of French fries for the week :)
Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. We hit an outlet mall everyday except for one. It was glorious! We had to keep the kiddos entertained somehow. Thankful for the quarter machine rides.
Managing 12+ hour car rides with a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. We made it!
It was such a blast and we can't wait to go back (maybe with Nick in tow next time :))
No comments:
Post a Comment