Monday, July 2, 2012

Cammie's First Sleepover!

On Thursday, we were so lucky to be able to have my C Monkey all night!  Chris and Amie went on a much-needed and awaited trip to Chicago to watch the Cubbies.  Although I have to admit that I was a little jealous (baseball is one of our favorite things to experience as a four-some), I was thrilled to be able to watch Cammie.  She is at SUCH a fun age.  She is always wanting to explore and discover and she loves our Ellie-Bell more than I even could have imagined.  On Thursday night, we ate ice cream and played outside until we couldn't see anymore.  I was a little worried about how she would handle not having her mom during bedtime, but she did great!  We got to FaceTime Amie, which was too cool seeing C react to "seeing" her mom and telling her good night.  (Sidenote:  What did we ever do before iPhone technology?!)  She then went to bed with me and Nick (with Ellie in the bassinet), and after a couple of episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, she was out for the night. 
Getting ready for bed with Nick, A.K.A Dick, one of her best buddies

The next day was filled with bubbles (before it reached 102 degrees), watering the flowers, coloring, blocks, and eating some of our favorite foods (Froot Loops, chicken nuggets, pretzels, and Oreos dipped in milk).  It was such a fun time, although I will say that I plan on having my kiddos more than 22 months apart :) 

Eating some Loops while watching Oso in the morning

Love, love, love this one :)  She is like her Aunt C and loves Oreos and milk!

And I had to throw one of E in here... I know she looks a lot like me, but this one is the first time I have taken a picture and said, "Woah!"  How can you not love that little grin?

1 comment:

  1. We are so very lucky that you love our Cammie so much! Thank you for taking such good care of my baby...I know she loved being with you. Next summer the fabulous foursome (or sixsome...that's definitely not a word lol) can embark on a fun baseball adventure when E is a little bigger. :)
    P.S. LOVE E in the monkey shirt and I can't get over how much she looks like you in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete